ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How much have I downloaded?

<< < (2/7) > >>

xtabber:
My router (ASUS RT-N66U) has a traffic manager page that can show statistics for both incoming and outgoing network traffic on a daily basis for at least 30 days.  The image shown is the interactive real-time analysis graph, but you can also view the current rate, average, maximum and totals for each day, plus a summary for the past 30 days for each of the internet, wired, and wireless networks (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz separately).

joiwind:
Curt : may I suggest Softperfect's NetWorx which, I think you'll find, does everything you want and need (wihin the limits of your request  :) )

Curt:
Curt : may I suggest Softperfect's NetWorx -joiwind (February 03, 2013, 12:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

-thanks.  :up:
At first I couldn't find the download link because it is "hidden" in the left advert column. If any one else will try it, the link looks like this:

Edit: For once, don't grab the portable, but the installer

app103:
There's a bandwidth meter that's been mentioned in this forum. I had it on my last Windows install, but forgot the name of it... NETMETER!

Check here:

http://www.metal-machine.de/readerror/index.php?page=13
http://www.metal-machine.de/readerror/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item23

That will work for 1 machine, but not your whole network. It might help some.

-Renegade (February 03, 2013, 07:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

I actually like this one a lot and have been using it since about 2006.

But yesterday they mailed and informed me that they have both doubled my speed AND introduced "Fair Use": I am no longer allowed to download more than 1,000 (a thousand) GB (=1TB) per month!
-Curt (February 03, 2013, 06:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

I download a lot, and my daughter and I watch a lot of streaming video, and we would have no trouble staying under that limit. We average about 50G per month, downloaded, between the 2 of us. Your ISP's 1TB limit is quite generous, compared to the 50G limit I have seen other people get stuck with.

Your backup stored in the cloud shouldn't be the only backup you have. You should also have a local backup that wouldn't require the use of the internet to access it. The act of having to download the data is one of the biggest pitfalls of online storage, once you have found a reliable service to store it. It can be a lot of time and bandwidth to get it all back. This is why it's only good for storage in individual separate files, or used as a "last resort" type of backup.

I sincerely hope that your online backup isn't all in a single image file, which would have to be completely downloaded to be useful. If everything is stored as separate files, then you would download it based on priority and need, a chunk each month. If you ever needed to download it, you might find that you have backed up a whole lot of stuff you really don't care about and wouldn't bother to waste the time and bandwidth to download, to get it back.

So I think you can afford to relax and not worry so much about the new cap, or you now know that you have to backup your stuff locally, too.  ;)

Curt:
-thanks, April.
I was using NetMeter back in my Win 2000 days, but stopped because I only used it for watching if my speed was as promised, which it was.

However:

Hi all,

You will now find the latest release of NetMeter - Version 1.1.4 BETA - in the downloads section.

As you surely know, development for NetMeter was going increasingly slow in the recent years. This is because I either didn't feel like it or didn't have the time to work on it (damn you, real life!).

Also with the introduction of Windows Vista several problems with my implementation of NIC monitoring emerged. Unfortunately I wasn't able to solve these problems 100% as yet. There are still some mysterious crashes and things like interfaces not showing up in NetMeter's config screen.

Long story short - This will possibly be the last release of NetMeter by me! :-(

On the upside: NetMeter is now open source! You can find the Delphi source code in the downloads section-NetMeter
--- End quote ---

When I went to their homepage, after reading your post, I was confused what file to get:

How much have I downloaded?

-and for these reasons, I will not be investing. I am out.   ;)

Edit:
Thanks for the advices about online backup.
My backups are always 1:1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version