ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

AutoHotkey fund idea - split donation with AutoIt?

<< < (3/4) > >>

brotherS:
DC itself will donate to autoit
-mouser (April 26, 2006, 03:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
Nothing to say against that.

(i guess a dollar-for-dollar) matching donation

--- End quote ---
For all the reasons (and more) listed here, please don't match it 1:1 - makes me feel bad that the more I give to AHK the more DC *has* to give too.

Carol Haynes:
How about having a follow up AutoIt fund?

momonan:
I don't think we should panic about getting something to AutoIt.  The night's young.  Let's just create another fund for AutoIt -- either to run at the same time or to run when the AHK fund goal has been reached.

wr975:
I think the whole issue undervalues AHK and the work which went into it the last past years. I mean, if I'd donate to XviD nobody would get the idea to split it and give half to DivX. As AHK emerged nobody thought it would get more popular than (the more powerful) AutoIt. Well, it happened. Since it doesn't remove any references to AutoIt, a lot of people who use AHK hear from AutoIt the first time and of course try it. I think that's a fair trade for the few % of used AutoIt source code + modified AutoIt programs.

Anyway, my last words about this: It's not up the donater to decide who should get something, but the one who receives the donation. If the author of AHK feels AutoIt deserves something, he should give some of the donation money he receives.

kfitting:
Let me just say that the "AutoHotKey VS AutoIt" stuff is ridiculous.  They are similar tools designed to suit different people.  Both sides should get over it.  I use either tool depending on what I'm doing.  I'm not saying anything about the donation here, I just think it's ridiculous that people get all hot and bothered that "their preferred" tool somehow doesn't get the justice "they feel" it deserves.

Kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version