ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

AutoHotkey fund idea - split donation with AutoIt?

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
basically i'm impartial on this but wr975's point hit me on the head. the good folks here at DC had donated thinking that the dough will go to AHK's development team. So it's a bit like moving the goal-post now if we turn around and say "let's split".
--- End quote ---

yes this is exactly why I asked.

Ok, there is no point in continuing this discussion - your voices have been heard and there is enough objection that we will *not* split the fund.

Instead, we will leave the fund as a pure ahk donation, and dc management will independently make a donation to autoit to reflect the fact that AutoIt deserves some reward as well.

Cpilot:
Ok, there is no point in continuing this discussion
--- End quote ---
Actually I think this thread has had too short a life span to come to any consensus, my feeling is that if there was no Autoit there wouldn't be an AHK. To donate to a project that owes it's very existence to the other only is IMO short changing the innovator and giving credit to the usurper.

I vote split the pot.

I believe the topic needs to live a little longer for a true consensus.  :Thmbsup:

mouser:
i'll leave the thread open of course; however it's problematic to change the fund now that people have already pledged money to it and objected, which is why i think we found a good alternative solution:

DC itself will donate to autoit (i guess a dollar-for-dollar) matching donation. so both developers will get a donation.

I think this is merited based on the acknowledgement by autohotkey developers that ahk uses substantial work from autoit developers. From help file:
Acknowledgements
A special thanks to Jonathan Bennett, whose generosity in releasing AutoIt v2 as free software in 1999 served as an inspiration and time-saver for myself and many others worldwide. In addition, many of AutoHotkey's enhancements to the AutoIt v2 command set, as well as the Window Spy and the script compiler, were adapted directly from the AutoIt v3 source code. So thanks to Jon and the other AutoIt authors for those as well.
--- End quote ---

zridling:
I object, too. AutoHotkey deserves the money because it is actively developed and it's a program even dummies like me can figure out. Let those who love AutoIT donate directly to it, or start a separate fund.

Ampa:
For the record I fall on the "don't split" side of the line.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version