ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Suggestions for low vision problems while working on a computer

<< < (2/5) > >>

techidave:
so now for another question:  Is there a difference between flat screen computer monitors and flat screen televisions?  other than the connectors on the back maybe?

techidave:
now maybe this website has it right, dunno.  site  If you look across the top of the page you will see where you can change the font size and the contrast.  I am not sure what this program would be called that could do this especially if it could do it for any window no matter the program.   :)

Deozaan:
so now for another question:  Is there a difference between flat screen computer monitors and flat screen televisions?  other than the connectors on the back maybe?
-techidave (February 03, 2013, 04:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Flat screen TVs typically max out their resolution at the HD resolution of 1080p, which I believe is 1920x1080, whereas monitors can (and do) have higher display resolutions than that. A TV might be a better solution since a bigger display would mean the image would appear bigger on screen, since the resolution would stay the same no matter the size of the display.

Tinman57:
-techidave (February 03, 2013, 04:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Flat screen TVs typically max out their resolution at the HD resolution of 1080p, which I believe is 1920x1080, whereas monitors can (and do) have higher display resolutions than that. A TV might be a better solution since a bigger display would mean the image would appear bigger on screen, since the resolution would stay the same no matter the size of the display.
-Deozaan (February 04, 2013, 02:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is assuming that her graphics card (GPU) has an HDMI output.

techidave:
nope its VGA on an older laptop.  Of which she can hook her laptop up to her big 60" or so LCD TV. But i don't think she does that much.  Heck, maybe I just need to see if her internet could hook up to her tv and just let her use that?  ;D

She wants to replace a different laptop back in her office with a desktop computer.  So now, I have been trying to decide what kind of monitor to get her.  So that is the why I am asking all the questions.  I have even wondered about the all in one computers but i think the optical drive would be too difficult for her to use.  I have also wondered about the mini pcs with the Atom processor.  But havent been around one of them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version