ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Mid-range DSLR Camera Recommendations

<< < (3/5) > >>

wraith808:
Good info there CWuestefeld.  I'd say one more reason that Canon and Nikon dominate the conversation- lens compatibility.  This lets you get better deals on the lenses, which as I've found out from my wife's purchases are the big investment.

Mark0:
I too am partial to the "new" mirrorless, specifically M43. I find it's a great compromise between size, weight, speed and image quality. It's also the more mature of the mirrorless standards, and that mean a great selection of quality lens, plus the ability to reuse old lens from just about any manifacturers with cheap adapters.
I like some NEX a lot, and especially the focus peaking feature, but having a large APS-C sensor also mean large lens. So that usually endup with a very small body + a large lens.

A tool you may find useful to compare different photocams, is Camera Size. For example:
Nikon D3200 vs Olympus E-PL5

If you compare body + lens at equivalent focal lenghts, a M43 is easily half the size & weight. That's not a small difference. In practice it mean you'll have the small camera with you a lot more times.

Renegade:
Good info there CWuestefeld.  I'd say one more reason that Canon and Nikon dominate the conversation- lens compatibility.  This lets you get better deals on the lenses, which as I've found out from my wife's purchases are the big investment.
-wraith808 (February 01, 2013, 01:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

May I stir up some gear-lust?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/551436-REG/Sigma_597306_200_500mm_f_2_8_EX_DG.html

Don't care if I need it.
Don't care if I'd ever use it.
It looks cool.
I want one.

:P

Mark0:
What about this?  ;D

Renegade:
What about this?  ;D

-Mark0 (February 03, 2013, 08:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good grief!

But, I really have no desire to be a peeping Tom spying on ants mating on the next continent over... or Venutians or Martians for that matter~! :D

Well, that and I don't have a gantry crane and 40-wheeler to transport/use it!

And I have a Nikon... :P ;D

That's one BIG lens! ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version