ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

MS Office Subscriptions Now

<< < (3/4) > >>

f0dder:
SaaS? Kill it with fire. Then roast the inventors over a slow fire. Then torch the term out of existence.

40hz:
SaaS? Kill it with fire. Then roast the inventors over a slow fire. Then torch the term out of existence.

-f0dder (January 31, 2013, 03:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

LOL!

You're holding too much back!

Now tell us how you really feel. ;D ;D ;D

wraith808:
Against my better judgement, I like the online Office Experience.  Actually a lot better than google docs (but they had the run first with a useable interface with mail- and everything else is following; sorry hotmail), which I surprisingly like too. 

But at the end of the day, I crank up my local Office when I need to get things done.  I just haven't gotten to the point where I'll use cloud services for serious stuff.  So this online and subscription stuff doesn't hit me well.  Especially since on my son's PC, he's still using my version of Office XP(!) which is fine for what he does.

Stoic Joker:
--- End quote ---

Couldn't we lightly eviscerate them first just for effect?

Damnedest thing ... End of the day I was on the phone with a client that uses one of these remotely located LOB services. Yet even though I know the term (SaaS), what it means, and how it's pronounced...I could not for the life of me make it come out of my mouth. Every time I tried I just felt like retching, stammered a bit, and called it something (like above) else.

I don't know if that qualifies as a syndrome or a complex but I kinda like it.

Renegade:
--- End quote ---

+1

Couldn't we lightly eviscerate them first just for effect?
-Stoic Joker (January 31, 2013, 06:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

That raises an interesting question... Is there any horror too horrific to inflict on it and it's creators? :P

Every time I tried I just felt like retching, stammered a bit, and called it something (like above) else.

I don't know if that qualifies as a syndrome or a complex but I kinda like it.
-Stoic Joker (January 31, 2013, 06:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

I believe that is the natural reaction of your sanity going into a sort of epileptic seizure, kind of like when you lose all your sanity points from looking into the eyes of Cthulhu. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version