ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I did not realize how bad Google has become

(1/3) > >>

Paul Keith:
http://focusontheuser.org/

How It Works

When you search for "cooking" today, Google decides that renowned chef Jamie Oliver is a relevant social result. That makes sense. But rather than linking to Jamie's Twitter profile, which is updated daily, Google links to his Google+ profile, which was last updated nearly two months ago. Is Google's relevance algorithm simply misguided?

No. If you search Google for Jamie Oliver directly, his Twitter profile is the first social result that appears. His abandoned Google+ profile doesn't even appear on the first page of results. When Google's engineers are allowed to focus purely on relevancy, they get it right.

So that's what our "bookmarklet" does. It looks at the three places where Google only shows Google+ results and then automatically googles Google to see if Google finds a result more relevant than Google+.
--- End quote ---

Talk about a tongue twister of a bookmarklet.  :P

Unfortunately I don't use Google+ so I don't know what I'm missing.

Tinman57:
  I haven't used any Google products since they became public back in 2004, when their bread and butter was spying and selling your information to marketers and the government....

TaoPhoenix:
It still is Tinman, I almost never use Google anymore except sometimes through Startpage (or occasional bits of Pr0n.)

4wd:
 I haven't used any Google products since they became public back in 2004, when their bread and butter was spying and selling your information to marketers and the government....-Tinman57 (January 29, 2013, 04:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

How is that different from your Government who you pay for the privilege of doing it?

Tinman57:
  I haven't used any Google products since they became public back in 2004, when their bread and butter was spying and selling your information to marketers and the government....-Tinman57 (January 29, 2013, 04:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

How is that different from your Government who you pay for the privilege of doing it?
-4wd (January 29, 2013, 06:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, I can't control the government or this shit wouldn't be happening.  I can, however, control GoOgle, or at least refuse them into my home.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version