ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Name 1 Technological Feature That You Think Is Good

<< < (5/5)

kyrathaba:
The world wide web, for two reasons: (1) the dozens of DCers I'd never have otherwise met (and goodly folk on other sites); (2) all that information at our fingertips (rubs hands together)...

zridling:
The Automotive Diagnostic Computer, which when hooked to your car, tells you almost everything that is currently wrong with it and needs to be fixed.

TaoPhoenix:
Now, that's pretty broad, but it can be anything in technology from software, to hardware to basic physics underlying a cool technology (say why there).
-Renegade (January 13, 2013, 07:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm gonna name a few because I don't feel like the mental shootout to pick a winner.  :D

In random order:

1. Wireless Headphones. Because yes the sound quality sux but you can in fact turn sideways in your chair or even feed the cat without permanently damaging something.
2. Widescreen monitors. Took me a big while to use them right, but I'll never live without one again. My current one has a brutal scratch in the middle from Moving Day #1. I just hide it in dead-screen space.
3. (Cringe) iPhone. Doesn't intersect with all their other legion of problems, but for years I treated a phone as a piece of $hit that you jam in the glove compartment for the one day a month you needed something. The iPhone does do a few things well. (As long as we realize it's not a PC substitute and stay in the phone category we're fine.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version