ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Headset recommendations

(1/7) > >>

Target:
looking for some recommendations for a gaming headset as my current set failed on the weekend (I could probably repair them, but it's not worth the effort)

I'd prefer a wired set, and no more than about $100 (I just can't justify much more than that)

Logitech G35's seem to have a good rep, but have been discontinued...

anyone?

Renegade:
I used to have a Microsoft set. It was inexpensive and worked quite well. But, I am partial to Logitech as everything I have from them has been stellar.

Deozaan:
I have a Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000. I like it. I bought a few of them off eBay for about $20 each, IIRC.

But I guess I'm not sure how it compares to the expensive "gaming" headsets, or what makes a headset better for gaming as opposed to anything else.

Target:
I have a Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000. I like it. I bought a few of them off eBay for about $20 each, IIRC.

But I guess I'm not sure how it compares to the expensive "gaming" headsets, or what makes a headset better for gaming as opposed to anything else.-Deozaan (January 28, 2013, 06:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

me either, hence my question 8) (and my last set cost $15 :Thmbsup:)

I suspect I may be getting sucked in by the marketing blurbs regarding 'surround sound', but if I don't ask I won't know.

IainB:
Have you had a look at this?: Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 - Mini-Review
Not sure what the local price might be currently - wherever you live.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version