ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Debate: Effects of technology on modern youth

<< < (3/3)

Tinman57:
As a 25 year old, I just missed the online/technology social revolution.

The main thing I notice is that young people (and a lot of older ones) don't get the concept of criticism and mild insults.
People get so used to disconnecting/blocking any negative that they can't don't know how to deal with it properly, AND then are scared of giving a negative comment in fear of being deleted.
So people are used to a diet of 'likes' and no longer know how to turn criticism into a joke and deal with it.
Which leads to emperors new clothes scenarios, everyone too scared to say anything but the person is actually totally useless.

This is written without any qualifications and shouldn't be considered a critical study unless you agree with it. -Fred Nerd (January 30, 2013, 08:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well I agree.
It seems that in this extreme liberal country where "every student is given a trophy just for playing" and "there are no winners & losers" society, being negative is politically incorrect.  Gee, no wonder so many young ones can't take any kind of criticism.

Stoic Joker:
As a 25 year old, I just missed the online/technology social revolution.

The main thing I notice is that young people (and a lot of older ones) don't get the concept of criticism and mild insults.
People get so used to disconnecting/blocking any negative that they can't don't know how to deal with it properly, AND then are scared of giving a negative comment in fear of being deleted.
So people are used to a diet of 'likes' and no longer know how to turn criticism into a joke and deal with it.
Which leads to emperors new clothes scenarios, everyone too scared to say anything but the person is actually totally useless.

This is written without any qualifications and shouldn't be considered a critical study unless you agree with it.
-Fred Nerd (January 30, 2013, 08:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, I'm 48 ... and I'd say you friggin nailed it man.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version