ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

2013 Version: Browser Wars

<< < (21/23) > >>

maxdanger:
Primarily Firefox (19.0.02) because my collection of extensions offer (1) improved security online and (2) facilities to access, manipulate, and save information suitable to my work flow.  Occasionally use SRWare Iron (but uninstalling old versions and reinstalling new ones is tedious compared to Firefox's easy updates), originally because I wanted to improve load speeds, but find no consistent advantage over the current FF.  I never use spyware Chrome; and I am also very careful to avoid the spyware "features" in all Google services (FF security extensions really help in avoiding these).  Certain commercial sites require I fire up IE (9.0.8112.16470).

traupmann:
Chrome because it works best

ajfudge:
I was using Chrome until I can no longer tolerate its inability to render fonts properly. So I switched back to Firefox. I had to install 50-ish extensions and scripts to make it adaptable to my multi-tasking workflow and I'm surprised that it no longer lags as when I left it in v4. In Chrome, my PC would've been a parading snail with that number of extensions. But Chrome remains as my backup browser. I also have both of Firefox's and Chrome's portable versions with the settings synced (I enabled FF Sync and Google Sync but I don't have a mobile phone or tablet that would benefit from those, but it's good that it's there for me to use once I have a mobile phone).

Giampy:
Just for curiosity I installed Maxthon but I almost never use it. Can someone explain at least one reason to use it?

app103:
Just for curiosity I installed Maxthon but I almost never use it. Can someone explain at least one reason to use it?
-Giampy (May 29, 2013, 03:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Government websites, that break in other browsers? (it's IE in a prom dress, so it's very likely to work in cases like this)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version