ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

2013 Version: Browser Wars

<< < (20/23) > >>

f0dder:
If you have tried it, what is your judgment about Lunascape?-Giampy (February 22, 2013, 08:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
Haven't tried it, but triple the attack vectors in one browser? Might be convenient, but security-wise it's a nightmare. (And how much bother is it, really, to open a separate browser for a no-good browser-dependent site? How many of that kind of sites do you visit these days?)

TaoPhoenix:
Today I have read something about Lunascape. It has three rendering engines, so the user can choose the best one for the page he/she is seeing. It also accepts add-ons for Firefox.
Very interesting indeed.
If you have tried it, what is your judgment about Lunascape?
-Giampy (February 22, 2013, 08:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think your sig line is relevant here!

:Thmbsup:

40hz:
If you have tried it, what is your judgment about Lunascape?
-Giampy (February 22, 2013, 08:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

I tried it and didn't see that it brought any noticeable advantages. Sort of struck me as an all-purpose approach which (to me) usually means: incorporates the disadvantages of each without realizing any significant gains in return.

And it does (theoretically and statistically) expose you to many more attack vectors. Especially since the baddies could have an easier time by simply targeting the weakest and least secure engine for exploit at any given point in time. So I'll have to agree with f0dder and the others on that concern.

With people - the more partners in the ménage - the greater the risk of picking up an infection.  :tellme:

The same goes for software.  8)

tomos:
With people - the more partners in the ménage - the greater the risk of picking up an infection.  :tellme:

The same goes for software.  8)
-40hz (February 22, 2013, 10:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
;D

a suitable note to start the weekend on :D

bit:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version