ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Facebook Cash

<< < (2/2)

Tinman57:
There is no guarantee that anyone will receive any money. If too many people submit a claim to get paid, the money will all go to non-profits like the EFF. They are one of the ones on the list of who will get a chunk of it if it doesn't go to the victims that put in a claim. I don't have a problem with the EFF getting part of the money, and I am not sure why anybody else would be. Do you know something about the EFF or any of these other organizations that I don't?-app103 (January 28, 2013, 05:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've been a faithful supporter of the EFF for more than 10 years.  There's too many things to list here of what they have accomplished over the years, but you can see the list on their website https://www.eff.org.  They are government ball-busters when it comes to privacy issues, and the majority of the donations go to the "cause" and not into their collective pockets.

Renegade:
Or just hand the money over to a bunch of buddies... Just a bit skeptical about "non-profits" and "NGOs"... I've lost all faith in them after learning about what some of them really do. Enough to make you vomit through your eye-sockets. -Renegade (January 28, 2013, 12:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
  That's why I always check http://www.bbb.org/us/charity/ first, just to see how much of the donation goes to the cause and what goes into the pockets of the "staff".
-Tinman57 (January 28, 2013, 08:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Some of the "causes" aren't what they appear to be on the surface. For some, it would be better if all the money were simply pocketed.

Tinman57:
Some of the "causes" aren't what they appear to be on the surface. For some, it would be better if all the money were simply pocketed. -Renegade (January 28, 2013, 10:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Which is why you should do your homework.....do research BEFORE you donate....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version