ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Anyone here do any mobile development?

<< < (3/3)

Renegade:
Haven't done much Mobile Apps beside iOS recently, but IIRC, it was less a pain to debugging with XCode than with Eclipse for Android / BlackBerry.
-hwtan (February 03, 2013, 06:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Interesting. Last I used Xcode was a while ago, and it really left a foul taste in my mouth. But they have updated some -- could be worth a look at again. (I was really excited when I got my Mac and pumped up to get busy in Xcode, so I might have had some unrealistic expectations. Probably near about time to give it a shot again.)

hwtan:
I don't know about you, but what I recall was that iOS / Mac Apps requires a little "paradigm" shift on the developer's part at the beginning.

Objective C and the iOS framework hides the routing of messages and the loading of objects which I noticed confuses developers whom has a strong background in engineering (e.g. if you are used to knowing how control pass over from the event queue / message loop to your code, etc.).

The tool itself was fine for me, especially with the introduction of Xcode 4.

Haven't done much Mobile Apps beside iOS recently, but IIRC, it was less a pain to debugging with XCode than with Eclipse for Android / BlackBerry.
-hwtan (February 03, 2013, 06:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Interesting. Last I used Xcode was a while ago, and it really left a foul taste in my mouth. But they have updated some -- could be worth a look at again. (I was really excited when I got my Mac and pumped up to get busy in Xcode, so I might have had some unrealistic expectations. Probably near about time to give it a shot again.)
-Renegade (February 03, 2013, 06:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version