ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The end of FreewareBB

<< < (4/4)

40hz:
In the broad developer community, most developers have a very cynical and low opinion of download sites. But there are some good ones out there, and there are some good people behind some of these sites. Yes, they're a bit rare. Yes, there are lots of spammy download sites. But again, baby & bathwater situation here.
-Renegade (January 26, 2013, 02:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agree. :Thmbsup:

This thread prompted me to visit FreewareBB. Something I hadn't done in a good long while.

While there I found four products I had no idea even existed. I'm now evaluating one of them for possible paid use by a client of mine since the authors also sell a "commercial" version. If it turns out to be a go, these authors stand to earn some very good licensing fees for it.

I never would have known this product existed if I hadn't seen it on FreewareBB.  8)

Tuxman:
Never heard of FreewareBB, actually Techsupportalert is all I had known.

Tinman57:
  I've downloaded a few programs from that site over the years, but it's been a while since I've been back.  Perhaps it's time for me to make another trip there, I still have their link in my bookmarks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version