ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

NASA OOPS!

<< < (2/7) > >>

Renegade:
<seriousness mode="off">

Oh, c'mon everyone! Pull your heads out of the sand!

It's an alien invasion scout ship. It's probably sending mind control rays at this very moment to convince you that this post is pure nonsense! And, the weaker minded ones will succumb to its insidious mind control attacks!

</seriousness>

:P

SOMETHING is going on. What? Who knows. There's always some way to explain away anything that doesn't fit into the mainstream narrative, and that will always trump any kind of questioning or inquisitiveness, because only "conspiracy theorists" ever question anything, and as we "know", all conspiracies are false.  :-\

In the meantime, it sure would be interesting to know what that thing is. It's not like there are a lot of possibilities when you get up to those kinds of altitudes.

As for NASA releasing the picture, I kind of wonder there... Why would you need to "declassify" a photo from orbit? Is truth something that requires sanitation? :P

f0dder:
SpoilerArtifact from a rather poor joining of multiple images.
-4wd (January 25, 2013, 09:22 PM)
--- End quote ---
My guess too. If it were an aircraft, it would be "kinda big".

Renegade:
Ok, here's a fun conspiracy theory... ;D

Having a patchwork of photos, NASA edits them into place, but due to rotation, an odd triangular portion in one assembled photo is left blank.

Some mischevious NASA officials decide to release the photo, knowing that conspiracy theories (like this one) will pop up all over the place and they'll get a good laugh.

A betting pool is formed, and officials place bets and take odds on whether the most popular conspiracy theories will be about aliens, secret military aircraft, or practical jokes and betting pools at NASA.

:P

40hz:
-4wd (January 25, 2013, 09:22 PM)
--- End quote ---
My guess too. If it were an aircraft, it would be "kinda big".
-f0dder (January 26, 2013, 03:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Most likely. But where's the fun in that. Half of UFO watching is the pleasure of pulling answers out of your butt with zero in the way of proof to substantiate them. ;D

That's why I enjoy a good conspiracy argument. They're creativity stimulators. Some of the most amazing speculative fiction concepts get generated during a good 'serious' conspiracy discussion. I just sit back and listen. I usually come away with a handful of clever plot ideas for stories after an hour of that. . :Thmbsup:

More seriously, they now have software that can determine whether an image has been 'photoshopped' or not. All it would take is for everything presented as evidence to be run through it. That should cut down on about half the para-nonsense going on these days.

But where's the fun in that? ;)

paulobrabo:
Judging from the film strip info below it doesn't look as this was put together from several images. But then the left and bottom sides of the triangle seem too perfectly aligned, don't they?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version