ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Seedling's Software

Mixtape Maker: Updates and Latest Beta Versions Here

<< < (8/15) > >>

seedling:
heya parpfish,

that first released post was pointless, but the xxxb.zip file is the one you want; and, yeah, i just forgot to change the version number in the app properties.

i reorganized a LOT of code here (hopefully for the better) so that's why it's blatently being released as beta

sorry bout the first released build, it was missing a key decision factor which basically rendered keyword (and maybe all) settings useless.  this latest build addresses that as well as some other internal things. i really should've slept on it instead of posting it late at night without testing everything. :)

hopefully this will work for you; let me know if it doesn't

parpfish:
hi seedling

same keyword issues outlined above seem to go for mixtape_193393b.zip
i'm downloading from this link: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3380.0;attach=26578

on this page:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=3380.0

I'm assuming that's correct.

By the way nice work managing to get all the extra features in.

P.

seedling:
well, looks like my attempt at adding features and rewriting code broke some stuff :(

i'll do some more tests and see what happens.

[EDIT]

well, i'm not sure what probs exactly you're having but (and sorry for the redundancy) here's what i did:

had some songs in musthave
had some genres selected
[x] Use Keywords
[x] Keyword Priority (forgot what this is for, but it's selected ;) )
(just use all-fields keyword search for now)
[x] limit to 5 songs per artist

my results seemed to be good
only 5 randomly picked songs from the must-have list were added to the list (cuz all the same artist)
the remainder was filled with either:
a) songs matching keywords
OR
b) songs matching the selected genres

all artists picked were limited to 5 max.  not sure what i'm missing here, please clarify. (oh, and definitely use the latest xxb.zip file as stated previously)

parpfish:
hi seedling

took you advice ("just use all-fields keyword search for now")

still had a problem.

i've attached my settings and the resultant playlist -- from that you should see the problem.

if memory serves - set keyword as priority means that must haves go first then the keywords will be prioritised over purely random selections?

hope this helps.

seedling:
thanks for that, i'll check it out.

the keyword priority basically acted as an ignore settings option if a keyword was found (regardless of the other genre/year settings) that way it would allow the song to be added despite other limitations. this has been fixed. i'm testing against some weird behaviour that must-have songs are being restricted (also) by the genre/year limitations. i'll fix this now.

anyway, what 'seems' to be happening (from under the hood) is that the keyword/filters check was messed up basically allowing files determined by your genre settings, and perhaps ignoring the keywording altogether.  i believe i've fixed this but as soon as i've tested a couple other things i'll rebuild and upload a new version.

thanks for the feedback! :Thmbsup:

fear not! i will get this thing back on track! i really kind of expected some stuff to be broken due to the massive rewrites i did. i'll get it back to working normally and with these other options very soon! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version