ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

not a miracle video, but a miracle regarding videos

<< < (2/2)

brotherS:
the vatican might be interested in hearing about the codec miracle. it's about time we had a confirmed digital miracle.
-nudone (April 24, 2006, 03:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
;D ;D

On FastStone's site, they list this among recent improvements:

Version 2.4    (Mar 15, 2006)
    * Video files ( AVI, MPG, MPEG, WMV, MOV) can be displayed as thumbnails in the browser. Double clicking on a video file will open it in the default media player (Screenshot)

So maybe that's where you got the codec!
-m_s (April 24, 2006, 03:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
No, the version I was installing was 2.5 and I also had installed 2.5 beta versions before. FIV installs no codecs, it just allows access to them in the viewer.

Thanks for the prompt to update my Faststone - off to download it now...

--- End quote ---
You didn't add it to your list of programs at http://fileforum.betanews.com/ so you didn't get a free email for every available update?

Shame on you! :D

m_s:
I didn't know about that service at Betanews...  on my way over there to investigate.

f0dder:
Perhaps the new install of farstone simply fixed some associations, or other registry deep black magic? :)

brotherS:
Perhaps the new install of farstone simply fixed some associations
-f0dder (April 25, 2006, 05:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, I could ask the coder, but since I installed 4 beta versions of 2.5 before installing the final versions I highly doubt that...

or other registry deep black magic? :)

--- End quote ---
or that :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version