ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

not a miracle video, but a miracle regarding videos

(1/2) > >>

brotherS:
Oh happy day!

After one of my apps started misbehaving last week for no apparent reason :down: my long term problem with Windows Media video (I hate that format anyway) files fixed itself today! :up: :up: :up:

Maybe a year ago Zoom Player suddenly stopped playing those (even the crappy Windows Media Player didn't play them anymore), and since I couldn't find a fix for that problem I started to use the VLC media player for those files (if I have to, I don't like that format at all!). Today I accidently tried to play a .wmv file in Zoom Player - and it suddenly worked again!

I have *NO* idea why this happened, but hope it will stay this way now :D

mouser:
you probably installed some software that installed the proper codec.  some media program.

brotherS:
you probably installed some software that installed the proper codec.  some media program.
-mouser (April 24, 2006, 03:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
No way! It still didn't work 2 days ago, and all that I installed since then were updates of Mp3tag and FastStone Image Viewer...

nudone:
the vatican might be interested in hearing about the codec miracle. it's about time we had a confirmed digital miracle.

m_s:
On FastStone's site, they list this among recent improvements:

Version 2.4    (Mar 15, 2006)
    * Now the built-in screen capture supports multi-monitor system
    * Video files ( AVI, MPG, MPEG, WMV, MOV) can be displayed as thumbnails in the browser. Double clicking on a video file will open it in the default media player (Screenshot)

So maybe that's where you got the codec!

Thanks for the prompt to update my Faststone - off to download it now...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version