ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Windows 8 and FARR

<< < (3/3)

sytone:
I typically use the Start button and just type and do not even think about the whole page changing, when you press enter on the app it loads anyway no big issues from my perspective. And im liking the live tiles :)

As a note I am finding that on the hot key press find and run robot is coming up on the desktop behind the start page and not forcing a flip to desktop, also the help links and about links are not opening the browser up.

furashgf:
Funny, that's exactly why, after a search of different tools, I ended up with FARR just in case I was forced by work to upgrade to windows 8. My Donation Coder investment seems great. I should probably read the manual, but it works great out of the box.

d4ni:
Don't forget it's pretty easy to just get the good old start menu back in Windows 8. Multiple 3rd party tools are available. I use Start8 myself which works wonders, it even enables you to boot directly to the desktop instead of to Metro when starting your PC. It's only $5 so I think that's worth it =) Of course I still use an application launcher for the majority of things I launch but the total lack of old Start Menu was just frustrating.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version