ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Computer science student expelled for testing university software security

<< < (8/22) > >>

mouser:
duh! sorry for over-reacting -- i can see now you were making a joke.. I guess this episode struck a little close to home for me and it's got me a little quick on the draw.

Josh:
duh! sorry for over-reacting -- i can see now you were making a joke.. I guess this episode struck a little close to home for me and it's got me a little quick on the draw.
-mouser (January 21, 2013, 05:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hence why I told you on IRC that I felt you were jumping to the same conclusion that most people on the internet do and that is to believe the first story to the media, or the side that is easiest to garner the most sympathy for. After all, it makes us feel better to root for the underdog vice the big entity (in this case, the college). Just remember folks, there are TWO SIDES to every story.

Stoic Joker:
The machine never falters in voting for itself...(as that is its primary purpose)...So if I gotta pick a direction coming outta the gate, Damn Straight I'm backing the dog.

Josh:
The machine never falters in voting for itself...(as that is its primary purpose)...So if I gotta pick a direction coming outta the gate, Damn Straight I'm backing the dog.
-Stoic Joker (January 21, 2013, 06:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

The problem with that is the other party is immediately painted guilty until proven innocent. Doesn't it make sense to wait until information from both sides is available? Something tells me there is more to this than meets the eye.

cmpm:
Morgan Crockett, director of internal affairs and advocacy for the Dawson Student Union, agrees.

“Dawson has betrayed a brilliant student to protect Skytech management,” said Ms. Crockett. “It’s a travesty that Ahmad’s academic future has been compromised just so that Dawson and Skytech could save face. If they had any sense of decency, they would reinstate Ahmad into [the] computer science [program], refund the financial aid debt he has incurred as a result of his expulsion and offer him a full public apology “

Repeated calls to various members of the Dawson administration were not returned, with the college citing an inability to discuss an individual student’s case on legal and ethical grounds in a statement released by their communications department.
--- End quote ---

Ruin the kid's education and not even blink about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version