ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Disable Win+V in Windows 8

<< < (2/2)

Curt:
It seems the problem may also have been caused by the third-party software authors, rather than just by Windows 8:

What is new in version 3.0

Fixed issue that prevented many Hot-Keys from working on Windows 8.  You can once again use WINDOWS+V and many other Hot-Key combinations.
http://www.stevemiller.net/puretext/-PureText
--- End quote ---

phitsc:
That's an interesting piece of information. Thanks for sharing Curt.

Sounds like Win+... shortcuts can be "overwritten" by an application then. Maybe an API that has changed with Windows 8.

f0dder:
Sounds like Win+... shortcuts can be "overwritten" by an application then. Maybe an API that has changed with Windows 8.-phitsc (January 18, 2013, 01:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
I don't think there's any changes - it's just that Win8 added more Win+X shortcut keys.

AutoHotKey (and probably AutoIt?) is able to override the shortcuts that Windows (explorer.exe, I assume?) set up. Dunno the technique behind, perhaps global keyboard hook - I seem to recall that a hotkey override wasn't effective when focus was on a program launched with administrative privileges, that would at least support the keyboard hook theory.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version