ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Lastpass

(1/4) > >>

ibxx:
Stupid question but - can Lastpass service see/track all the websites I open (to check if there are passwords for that page saved) or is everything happening inside the browser?
I was thinking about using it for some of my passwords/info but I don't want to share my whole browsing history with them....
 :tellme:

Curt:

ibxx:
Eh, not exactly what I was asking :)
OK. I downloaded extension and it seams on most pages it doesn't "call home".
Unless you are on a page with saved logging form. Then it sends info to lastpass.com domain (even if you don't plan to log in)
I guess it could potentially track you on all the pages with saved forms.
Not sure if I'm comfortable with that - it's like having someone standing behind your back an telling you:Oh, oh, you can log in here! and there, on this page too, and this one. And every time it sends those website to Lastpass.com
Mhmm, I think I'll stick with Firefox password manager...  :-\

Tinman57:
Unless you are on a page with saved logging form. Then it sends info to lastpass.com domain (even if you don't plan to log in)
Not sure if I'm comfortable with that - it's like having someone standing behind your back an telling you:Oh, oh, you can log in here! and there, on this page too, and this one. And every time it sends those website to Lastpass.com
-ibxx (January 20, 2013, 04:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
  Have you looked at Roboform?

ibxx:
-ibxx (January 20, 2013, 04:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
  Have you looked at Roboform?
-Tinman57 (January 20, 2013, 04:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nah, I don't really NEED a new password manager. I already use Keepass I just wanted to sync (Firefox/Chrome/Opera) all those less important passwords - like pwds to forums etc.
Not something I would spend $30-40 for...
But thanks for suggestion. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version