ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

IJG released ne libjpeg 9 library with lossless JPEG compression better than PNG

(1/2) > >>

JoTo:
Hi DoCos,

in case you missed that:

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Libjpeg-9-improves-lossless-JPEG-compression-1783311.html

Libjpeg 9 improves lossless JPEG compression

The Independent JPEG Group (IJG) at the German Institute for Applied Informatics (InfAI) has released a new version of the libjpeg library. The developers say it can compress photos in JPEG format in a lossless way and, apparently, libjpeg 9 outputs lossless JPEG files that are smaller than the equivalent PNG file of the same image
--- End quote ---

Better than PNG AND lossless, nice! But what about alpha channel/transparency? Hmmmm...!  :-\

Greetings
JoTo

JoTo:
Crap! Why, if i want to modify my post, the subject is offered as a textbox, but cannot be changed/corrected? It's read only! :( I missed a "w" at "new" in my subject :( Sorry guys but you got the idea. :)

Ath:
if i want to modify my post, the subject is offered as a textbox, but cannot be changed/corrected?
-JoTo (January 15, 2013, 02:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
Browser issue? I'm used to be able to edit the entire message, including the subject :-\
Edit: Hm, this might be a forum permission issue, can't change the subject of this message either :o

JoTo:
Hi Ath,

thanks for proofing me NOT being too dumb. :) And thanks for your effort to test.

Greetings
JoTo

tomos:
Do you think is this going to be implementable in regular .jpg .jpeg files?

if so, wonder how long it'll take...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version