ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

TOO AWESOME FOR WORDS!

<< < (3/3)

Renegade:
But seriously, gotta give the guy props! He's obviously very good at managing developers~! ;D :P
 :Thmbsup:-Renegade (January 17, 2013, 05:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
  Yeah, but he got his ass fired for it too.  lol
-Tinman57 (January 17, 2013, 07:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

No good deed goes unpunished~! ;D

wraith808:
I saw an analysis on another site and a talk to the auditors that caught him- they said he could have gotten away with it with one minor change to his scheme.  Set up a server at home, and have them vpn into the server, then connect from there.

Renegade:
I saw an analysis on another site and a talk to the auditors that caught him- they said he could have gotten away with it with one minor change to his scheme.  Set up a server at home, and have them vpn into the server, then connect from there.
-wraith808 (January 17, 2013, 09:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

That was my first thought when I read the article. I really wondered why he wouldn't do that as he's obviously smart enough. There is the issue of downtime though, which could be mitigated by redundant connections and a UPS though...

wraith808:
The one not so awesome thing about the conclusion yet to come- I wonder if he's going to spend some time and money in court. :(

Paul Keith:
Is there a mysterious in-joke as to why 40hz typo'd Tim Ferris' name?

Btw I always thought internet web scams predated Ferris in the outsourcing idea.

I could be wrong but even way back David Allen was already writing about delegating in GTD.

The new pop stuff Ferris is known to introduce was the bulk up/cut weight to beat someone in martial arts (sounds like Push Hands competition from the way he wrote it) and the GTD for mom advice of saving up and actually going and taking a vacation with your son being a way to better unload your work by actually unloading your work. Something about planes and focusing your work on booking a vacation.

I could be wrong though but I did read the book cover to cover and I didn't really recall any specific how to text on offshore boiler room management services. At least not in an actual, just sign-up for this, just do this. That came much later with his fanbase and his sites I think but even there I never really found any specific howto guide.

Web scams on the other hand had wordpress guides, intern guides, a couple of elance sites.

Tim mentioned ELance I think but nothing that really could get you started if you don't know what you were doing.

Edit:

Even this Quora link does not hint to any guide:
http://www.quora.com/Andrew-Ross-Long/answers/Tim-Ferriss-author

The book to my recollection does not even go much in explaining how to start a fake supplement biz.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version