ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Babylon 10

<< < (3/3)

Curt:
Babylon wrote me today and offered me to be the first to receive a 30% discount. This reminded me that I've forgotten to inform you of their new system, Lite, Classic, Expert: Each offer is a "lifetime" package, but by now we know they mean "Lifetime of version 10" (please prove me wrong)!

Curt:
...a "lifetime" package, but by now we know they mean "Lifetime of version 10" (please prove me wrong)!-Curt (February 25, 2013, 08:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

I did of course say it so inaccurate, that I easily can prove me wrong myself! It is your lifetime with version 10 only, or something.

Anyway, I was actually posting to recommend GoldenDict, and to tell that I have donated kilele because he was the first to recommend GoldenDict to me; this program really made my day ("month")! I have invested quite a lot of money in Babylon dictionaries and thesauri, and was very frustrated with Babylon version 9 and 10 making my investments worthless, until kilele and GoldenDict came to the rescue. ♥

Another dictionary compatible with their free .bgl glossaries is GoldenDict http://goldendict.org/ -kilele (January 20, 2013, 09:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
-thanks for telling, kilele!-Curt (January 20, 2013, 10:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
you can set different path directories at edit->dictionaries->sources->files-kilele (January 20, 2013, 12:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
...GoldenDict deserves more chances. It really is excellent in many ways. Just the pleasure of seeing all my expensive dictionaries and thesauri again is wonderful. -Curt (January 20, 2013, 05:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

So, dear reader, if you have some useless Babylon dictionaries, try GoldenDict!  :Thmbsup:

kilele:
Thanks Curt  :-* I'd like to recall again the wonderful feature of Babylon which allows you to detect phrases, idioms, phrasal verbs.. just by processing the context around a single word selected by the user. In my opinion this is the main characteristic which makes the difference between dictionary programs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version