ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

New FARR flash video demo

<< < (3/4) > >>

jgpaiva:
how about a second one with 'advanced features' ? -Carol Haynes (April 25, 2006, 06:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
It's being done, i already have the images for it, it's in "editing stage". But it'll only feature the default aliases (run, search, DCsearch, imdb, calculator). I think the 3rd one will have some explanation on how the options dialog works. As for regex and alias costumization, that might be a 4th one ;)

momonan:
Before we get to advanced features, I have a request for an additional step to this neat introductory video.

You have two opportunities to explain how to launch a program when there are several listed on the screen.  One is just before you launch url snooper, and the other is at the end, when you show that the past-used programs appear at the top of the list.  But you simply say "launch url snooper," without any explanation.

Since using the numbers to launch is one of the great features of FARR, I wonder if you could add something at one of these spots explaining this feature.  Something like this:

When there are several programs listed, the user can either (1) tab down to the one he/she wants and press enter or (2) press the corresponding number (or the numbered function key) and the program will (effortlessly) launch.  Then demonstrate each method.

I have a second suggestion:  at the end, when you show that the recently launched programs appear at the top of the list, can you explain why this is important.  Something like this:

FARR remembers what you have recently launched, so those programs will appear at the top of the list, easily available for launch, without the need to type in a name.

jgpaiva:
You have two opportunities to explain how to launch a program when there are several listed on the screen.  One is just before you launch url snooper, and the other is at the end, when you show that the past-used programs appear at the top of the list.  But you simply say "launch url snooper," without any explanation.
-momonan (April 25, 2006, 08:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's a very good point, momonam. I forgot it because i use it very rarelly (for me, it's faster to write the full name than to write a few letters, search for the result, and press the corresponding number).
I think i'll add it at the end, just before the last screen. Thanks for the suggestion!

jgpaiva:
Ok... I added that last Feature. It was a very good idea, thanks momonam!
Here's the link: Farr Launch Demo

lanux128:
It's being done, i already have the images for it, it's in "editing stage". But it'll only feature the default aliases (run, search, DCsearch, imdb, calculator). I think the 3rd one will have some explanation on how the options dialog works. As for regex and alias costumization, that might be a 4th one ;)-jgpaiva (April 25, 2006, 06:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

aah, you got it all covered, jgpaiva. :Thmbsup: like carol, i'm all excited about the regex video...
next, you may want to design a nice homepage for yourself, showcasing all your ahk scripts & demo videos.

muito obrigado, mate...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version