ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Name 1 Technological Feature That You Think Is Good

<< < (3/5) > >>

Fred Nerd:
GPS. As a pilot, it's made things so much easier.

It's not approved to be relied on for navigation, but even with the few accidents it may mave caused due to people being dependant on something that can fail, it's saved lives when people get lost above the clouds and can know where they are and what height they can descend to before they run into mountains.

NB. These scenarios should NEVER happen, but sadly they do.

Paul Keith:
One click button "Open files"

One thing that I find is pretty good is the way YouTube only loads enough of a video to buffer a few seconds (maybe tens of seconds) of a video and then lets you watch.

It saves bandwidth for them and you.
--- End quote ---

I prefer downloading YT files especially when YT could one day censor/silent/keep the video from showing up in a country.

The all downloadable web is still the dream to be. No walled gardens. FB/Twitter interfaces that logs tweets to txt files that can be reuploaded for scanning for comparing of trending news.

Pinning of images to the desktop at a single click. Google desktop search that acts like Springpad search but for a desktop PIM.

Send Scrapbook scraped Google links to Kindle/Kobo/Nook, Kobopub integrates with Dropbox to send .txt copies of highlights, bookmarked page copy or even the entire book.

Video to transcripts. Video to mp3. Mp3 to transcripts. Mp3 to FLAC.

File Manager as Dropbox. Dropbox as Word Processor Storage. Dropbox as Android sync.

Side Q:

2) The CPU chip. It changed *everything* for the better and worse. Mostly for the better. -40hz
--- End quote ---

I just read this thread more carefully. What did the CPU chip made worse?

Giampy:
CRT monitors.
Those crappy LCD monitors show beautiful images if we stay perfectly in front of them, but if we move from the central position those images become darker. CRT monitors have not such drawbacks.
Long live CRT monitors.

4wd:
.... and what height they can descend to before they run into mountains.
-Fred Nerd (January 16, 2013, 05:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think I would have used the word avoid in there somewhere.

Stoic Joker:
2) The CPU chip. It changed *everything* for the better and worse. Mostly for the better. -40hz
--- End quote ---

I just read this thread more carefully. What did the CPU chip made worse?-Paul Keith (January 16, 2013, 06:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Our lives by allowing this to happen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version