ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

In search of ... multiple IP camera software (opinions or suggestions)

(1/3) > >>

barney:
Folk,

Back ~1998-2000 I had software that made a Web cam a surveillance device, capable of being activated by movement, recording so long as there was movement.  Also had a Panasonic [cabled] remote pan/tilt/zoom camera.  Both were useful, but both were cabled.  This was on Win2K, maybe WinXP.

Two (2) or three (3) years ago, while still on XP, I bought three (3) IP cameras.  After assigning them IP addresses, via cable, they worked just fine in wireless mode.  All three (3) came with software - different version for each camera, although they were all from the same vendor.  They worked just fine, had pan/tilt/zoom/IR capability.  But I had to use the software that came with each camera to access that camera.  (Recording capability and motion detection sucked, at least to my mind.)  Then I changed routers.  Cameras no longer worked - new router didn't recognize their IP addresses.

Back with the original cameras mentioned.  There was, at that time, a software that would handle multiple cameras, up to sixteen (16) I think.  Don't recall it, and it prolly wouldn't work with Win7 anyway.  However, I've seen searched reference to similar software recently - too much of it  :o!

So much for background, now comes the question  ;D.  Rather than spend six (6) months diddling with various softwares that claim to function, I thought I'd ask here first.  Are any of you using such software  :tellme:?  Can you recommend such software  :tellme:?  Or am I gonna diddle for six (6) months  :(?

x16wda:
Great questions!  I have used Dorgem in the past for single cameras (although it supports multiple) but they're locally attached.  Also have a Linksys wireless IP camera (one of the cheapie ones, no pan/tilt/zoom) that came with its own software, but the camera regularly loses its address.

After you get your six months of diddling done, please let us know what works!  ;D

kunkel321:
As if I wasn't paranoid enough already....

barney:
As if I wasn't paranoid enough already....
-kunkel321 (January 12, 2013, 01:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Paranoia strikes thee ... everybody look what's goin' 'round  :P :P.

Not to worry - unless you walk into my garage  :P ... assuming I get something to work  :-\.

adam718:
I have tried them all.  The best is Security Monitor Pro.  It is reasonably priced and has the best interface and usability of any of the mid level security software - http://www.deskshare.com/video-surveillance-software.aspx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version