ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Good writing program for the iPad?

(1/3) > >>

robinsiebler:
I looked at Textilus, Write 2 and several others. There doesn't seem to be a killer app in this category for the iPad. Does anyone have anything they *really* love? And don't say Pages. :p

I currently use Awesome Notes to write my stories, songs and poems, but it has a very limited feature set for actual heavy writing.

Ath:
Not an app, but a hardware add-on: A keyboard?

robinsiebler:
I already have a keyboard. The Zagg/Logitech one.

dr_andus:
I looked at Textilus, Write 2 and several others. There doesn't seem to be a killer app in this category for the iPad. Does anyone have anything they *really* love? And don't say Pages. :p
-robinsiebler (January 08, 2013, 01:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

It probably depends on what you mean by "writing." For distraction-free writing, I thought IA Writer was pretty good. But I tend to use Nebulous Notes mostly, thanks to its sensible sync setup (via Dropbox) and its customisable keyboard (macros). For handwriting I use Notability (I bought it because it was on sale, but it does the job).

wraith808:
The ones I find myself going back to (depending on the task)

IA Writer
WriteRoom
Textastic
enso Writer
Notebook

iA Writer and Writeroom are easy to use on any other computer because of their sync.  Notebook is cool because of Sync also- but it's only available for Mac, so that cuts out using my desktop, only my laptop.  I love enso, but it's sync to Dropbox isn't automatic.  Same with Textastic- it would be the one to beat with code editing also, other than the fact that the sync is manual.

Just like on Windows, I'm addicted to editors, so the ones I've tried include:
My Writing Nook
Notebooks
Textastic
Noteshelf
Notes Plus
iA Writer
enso Writer
Essay
Writing Kit
Note & Share
WriteRoom
Textkraft EN
CleanWriter
Circus Ponies Notebook
Evernote
Noterize
Penultimate
MobileNoter
Notability
Simplenote
PlainText
WritePad
Nimbus Plus
Nebulous Notes

There are some other code specific ones, but I don't think that's what you're looking for.  I've been looking at trying Write 2, specifically because it lets you use your iPhone as a keyboard which I think is cool :)

If I may ask, what did you think of Textilus?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version