ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Rumors of Adobe releasing CS2 for free? (true or NOT true)

<< < (15/17) > >>

Curt:
^ I've seen a few comments though saying it worked fine ... I think on the slickdeals thread: More info via ghacks update3 and slickdeals-
http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/87488/adobe-adobe-creative-suite-cs2-standard-pc-or-mac-digital-download-cmpm (January 07, 2013, 12:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
-tomos (January 13, 2013, 05:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

-very fine link, cmpm + tomos  :up:  Scroll 2/3 > 3/4 down and begin reading.

fenixproductions:
Just as endnote: Adobe forum thread with clarifications from Dov Isaacs  (mentioned in Forbes article) seems to be deleted.
I wonder if it's not my VPN issue?

dr_andus:
Just as endnote: Adobe forum thread with clarifications from Dov Isaacs  (mentioned in Forbes article) seems to be deleted.
-fenixproductions (January 14, 2013, 03:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nope, it looks like they've rewritten history, as the other staffer's comments were removed as well. They've been all replaced with the official (?) line

we are aware that the software is available for all users with an Adobe ID.  You will want to have a valid license for a software title affected by the activation server outage.  Please also keep in mind that due to the age of these software titles it is likely that they will not function properly on modern operating systems.
--- End quote ---

Although this is inaccurate now as well, as you don't need an Adobe ID to access the page and download the software and the serial no.

f0dder:
Nope, it looks like they've rewritten history, as the other staffer's comments were removed as well. They've been all replaced with the official (?) line
-dr_andus (January 14, 2013, 05:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
How typical big-corpy.

They could've let the original statements be, but kept them clearly marked and with a note saying "official statement down below". History rewriting is such a nasty thing, bloody fascists.

tomos:
Just as endnote: Adobe forum thread with clarifications from Dov Isaacs  (mentioned in Forbes article) seems to be deleted.
-fenixproductions (January 14, 2013, 03:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

-dr_andus (January 14, 2013, 05:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

the official line seems to be still this - (Post # 68 on the same page)
Effective December 13, Adobe disabled the activation server for CS2 products and Acrobat 7 because of a technical glitch. These products were released over 7 years ago and do not run on many modern operating systems. But to ensure that any customers activating those old versions can continue to use their software, we issued a serial number directly to those customers.  While this might be interpreted as Adobe giving away software for free, we did it to help our customers.
--- End quote ---
-
I'm not sure what exactly was removed/changed, but I think other comments were/are from Adobe staff that are more, eh, realistic...

Still quite a mess for people who actually bought the software and need to reinstall - many 'titles' are still not available:

89. Jeff A Wright,
10-Jan-2013 17:28   in reply to -X-Man

-X-Man I apologize but I don't have any specific updates to report at the moment.  We are aware that the following software titles are currently unavailable:

Production Studio Premium
    After Effects 7.0
    GoLive 9.0
    Creative Suite 2 for additional languages
    Acrobat 7 Professional
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version