ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Spider Oak Purge

<< < (2/4) > >>

4wd:
Sorted!

;)

CleverCat:
Just doing: C:\"Program Files"\SpiderOak\SpiderOak.exe --destroy-shelved-x

I find this works when changing things in Spider Oak then I do 'repair' command - running now then I'll run Spider Oak - hold thumbs... ;D

No di dice - all versions still there! Drat and double drat.... :(

Curt:
I know nothing to answer your question, but I have a few for you! It is one of their free 2GB accounts, yes? I think their prices are ridiculous; if I backed up to their system, my price would be at least $600 per year (for 600GB), instead of the $60 I have been paying ($5 per month) for unlimited space!!

What I really wanted to ask is, what is your upload speed? The reason I now have ditched the aforementioned $60 solution was because of an insulting low (lack of) upload speed available, (measured in kilobytes!); it would take me a year to upload 1TB! - thus killing the very meaning of the word "backup" - so I am in the market for a better solution.

CleverCat:
Curt I have the Free Account but have 7GB due to referrals, invites etc.

My upload speed varies from around 40 - 80 kbps and I only backup important files!

I'm liaising with Spider Oak to try and sort the purging issue. 4wd's command worked, but when I open the GUI the versions are still there!  :huh:

4wd:
I'm liaising with Spider Oak to try and sort the purging issue.-CleverCat (January 09, 2013, 02:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

What happens if you try the specific example they have ?

--purge-historical-versions d60,m6,y

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version