ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Smart Edit (for Novelists & Creative Writers)

<< < (2/5) > >>

Curt:
Off-topic: I've always admired your "Norwegian" symbol - earnest: your own, or copied somewhere? Not really important, it's top-class in either case.-helmut85 (January 07, 2013, 04:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

-sorry, you've lost me. The only thing I can think of, that you may have meant, is the 'picture' of Homer van Gogh / Vincent Simpson?

wraith808:
-the program's full name is PageFour - Software for Novelists and Creative Writers and has nothing to do with a personal informations manager.
-Curt (January 07, 2013, 03:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

And in that capacity, I've found it top notch.  It helped me get organized enough to actually complete NaNoWriMo- no small help.  It also helped me to realize that source control is key for my writing endeavors as much as my programming endeavors.

helmut85:
Curt, didn't know "Homer van Gogh" or "Vincent Simpson", but see now it's a pastiche between some of Edvard Munch, as I thought it was, and Vincent van Gogh indeed - learned something new, thank you! (You can't google for pictures if you don't have some search term, now you gave me the search terms needed for finding!)

Curt:
- learned something new, thank you! (You can't google for pictures if you don't have some search term, now you gave me the search terms needed for finding!)-helmut85 (January 07, 2013, 09:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Now learn something "new": Go to Google Images, drag a copy of my picture and drop it on the search box, and without typing any search terms, you will instantly get this:

or, install Google Reverse Image Search (for Firefox).

helmut85:
Curt, I have to make an avowal: Immediately after posting my post, I remembered that there is "search pictures by a picture" in google (without having it ever used or even searched for this function, hence my not remembering the function in time), but I was too tired to go back and rectify - which now presents the big advantage of your having layed out this fine google function to a broader audience (well, it's the first-time readers here I'm speaking off: I'm sure regular readers here will have known before). In fact, this feature is extremely dangerous for anybody who tries to adopt, for commercial purposes, graphics / photos that ain't his own, and even clipping / resizing / etc. won't prevent google from finding the original, I've read somewhere. Google is as brilliant as it's invasive! ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version