ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Is there a decent youtube downloader?

<< < (2/9) > >>

helmut85:
Remember Laura Nyro.

Curt:
@helmut85, you say you are willing to install Firefox if need be. I encourage you to do so. Then install the small addon DownloadHelper (and do the settings). When you are on a YouTube page, middle-click on a video in the right column, and it will open in a new tab. DH will automatically find the best / highest resolution. All it takes from you is the initial middle-click, to open a new page, and a second click (on the DH icon in Firefox's Add-on bar) to download the best video, without further actions needed. When you see that the download has begun, you may close the new page, and voila! you are still on the initial page.

edit:
I forgot the download of playlist requirement. I simply don't think this feature is available anywhere. It has been my impression that YouTube made it so far impossible.

helmut85:
Remember Laura Nyro.

Curt:
Well, good luck finding what you want. If you know up front what you want to download, there are options like http://www.abelssoft.net/apps/youtube-song-downloader . It is quite good, but not for YouTube's playlist format.

4wd:
Something to try with a couple of Firefox addons:

BYTubeD - Bulk YouTube video Downloader
Features at a glance
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*    Helps in batch downloading YouTube videos;
*    Can grab YouTube video links from: any web page, a local HTML or text file and system clipboard;
*    Can be used to download YouTube Playlists (as a by-product of the ability to batch download);
*    Formats Supported: FLV, MP4, WebM, 3GP (subject to availability);
*    Qualities Supported: 144p, 240p, 360p, 480p, 720p HD, 1080p HD, Original (subject to availability);
*    Can download subtitles in the chosen language, if available.
*    Can be used in combination with download managers like DownThemAll!
--- End quote ---

DownThemAll! - excellent download manager that can be set to skip already existing files.

Use PortableFirefox if you don't want to install Firefox.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version