ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Is there a decent youtube downloader?

<< < (8/9) > >>

helmut85:
Remember Laura Nyro.

ewemoa:
However, the one I like best is called Spacesniffer, which is both free and portable.
-Shades (January 08, 2013, 08:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hurray for SpaceSniffer  :Thmbsup:

mouser:
I used clipconverter (http://www.clipconverter.cc) today without issue -- nothing to install, handles the process online.

40hz:
I've found the FlashGot extension running under FF (in conjunction with the DownThemAll download manager for some extra capabilities) has yet to fail me grabbing a YouTube (or Vimeo) video. It's all running locally (and AFAIK transparently to the hosting site) so nobody is aware of the fact you're saving. Big plus since some sites will truncate a feed if they detect some of the better known download tools in operation.

Shades:
Get the youtubecenter plugin, that will add greatly to youtube configuration possibilities (you can actually store and import your favorite settings with a file. Get an idea of where the Flash player stores temp files (hint: it does this in a folder that appears to be empty, but it really isn't) and use a tool called 'Shadowcopy' to copy the content to a location of your choosing.

YoutubeCenter allows you to disable the partial loading/partial playing setting that Youtube uses by default. With that disabled Youtube reverts back to completely downloading the whole video. Shadowcopy allows for copying files that are in use by the system and/or application(s).

Works like a charm (and not only for youtube).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version