ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software that sounded useful, so you bought it, but then...

<< < (3/7) > >>

barney:
I think I am the prototype on the thread's subject. I have purchased hundreds of useful programs that weren't useful at all - at least not to me. And then I upgrade to the new version, because now I have it, so I must upgrade it, or the initial purchase would seem wasted...

Just like our DC member Darwin I have now changed my ways. I am down to 145 programs installed, and haven't made a single purchase.. ehh... more than a couple of purchases since November. Hello, my name is Curt, I am a softoholic...

-Curt (January 04, 2013, 10:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

I could have written that.  I'm so glad that BDJ has taken to sucking hard in their bargains.  It really saves me a lot of money spent on software I don't need.  And it's not just software- during this steam sale, I bought a couple of hundreds of dollars of game.  But I've only played one of them.  I have a problem...
-wraith808 (January 05, 2013, 06:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
[
 ;D  You have software OCD!!!   ;D
-Tinman57 (January 05, 2013, 06:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hell, I thought that was a requirement for DC membership  :huh: :-\ :P!  I'm not much into gaming - more the Mah Jong, Sudoku type  ;) - but I've got a terrabyte+ of software I've bought/downloaded over the years.  Still have stuff from PCMag for Win31/Win98.  Some of that has never even been installed. At times, I'll be surprised at the results of a file search, then install something bought a couple-two-t'ree years ago just to see what it does ('cause I can't remember  ;D) :o.

rjbull:
From the APPLIED MURPHOLOGY site:

GLATUM'S LAW OF MATERIALISTIC ACQUISITIVENESS:
The perceived usefulness of an article is inversely proportional to it's actual usefulness once bought and paid for.

helmut85:
I can top this.

I own a full-price, NON-TRANSFERRABLE lifetime license of Xyplorer, and I don't even like this program (and almost never use it); didn't even like it when I bought it full price - whilst it's half-price two times a year at bits, and I knew this when buying, and yes, one week later it was half-price there again - now imagine all these women buying shoes in numbers, bad color, wrong size, and overpriced, one week before the sales begin, and all this without anybody holding a gun at their temple, just without any external reason!

(Ok, according to European law, sw licences ARE transferrable now, but as for personal, non-transferrable lifetime licenses, I'm in very heavy doubt here, and wouldn't take any chances!)

(And I KNEW this thread was going to spin out of control this way as soon as I read its title.)

(And no pun intended to the Lady we've got here among us; we're worse than any shoes-affinite woman out there, and we know it. OMG)

timns:
Yes, BDJ has a lot to do with how I end up with all these things. I should look-ahead more to see what's coming, and try it BEFORE I just have a couple of hours to decide.

MrCrispy:
I'm a paid user of Xplorer2 for years now. The other day I paid again for v2.0, and it turns out there really isn't that much new or different at all. I don't mind this, since it supports the developer and its an essential program, but I was really hoping for new features.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version