ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Improve precision of Drag & Drop

<< < (3/3)

Stoic Joker:
Random comment to say I don't like trackballs. : )-TaoPhoenix (December 30, 2012, 01:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Me either, but for some people they are the ideal solution.

barney:
Random comment to say I don't like trackballs. : )-TaoPhoenix (December 30, 2012, 01:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Me either, but for some people they are the ideal solution.
-Stoic Joker (December 30, 2012, 01:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Truth.  It is difficult for some of us to click a mouse w/o moving it  :(.  And forget about a laptop's touchpad  :'(.  Trackball, like it or no, is 'bout all that's left  ;).  And it does have the advantage of needing very little space, significantly less than most meeces  :Thmbsup:.

rjbull:
Suggest a quick review of DC thread any Numpad mouse / Mousekeys for Vista? which mentions a couple of programs, NeatMouse and Mouse Emulator.  Also, you might try Googling "assistive software."

pilgrim:
Thanks for the replies.

Hi skwire,

I have not considered a trackball because I do not think it would improve things.
One of my XP computers is a Samsung NC10, it has a trackpad and a mouse I use for it, I have the same problem with both, a lack of precision.
I might be able to improve things by moving the settings to a slower speed but that would also effect the 'normal' use of either.

rjbull,

I had a look at the two programs in that link and when I get the time I will give NeatMouse a try, as it has a portable version there will be no problem uninstalling if it does not work.
One thing I noticed about both those programs is that neither have a built in 'lock' option, whether NeatMouse will work with Click Lock remains to be seen.

I ran the search you suggested but at first glance most of the things it was turning up were either things that are already built-in to Windows or things that are too elaborate for my needs.

I can use a mouse most of the time to do most things, as I said in my first post the biggest issue is lack of precision, and as I said in my last post thanks to Stoic Joker's suggestion I now have a usable solution with only one minor issue, releasing the lock when I've finished. If there was a way to discover the command to disengage the lock from a left click and create a shortcut for it that would resolve the issue.

I'll let you know how I get on with NeatMouse.

Update: I have just tried NeatMouse and while it will work with Click Lock the latter still needs to be engaged/disengaged with the mouse so it adds nothing to Click Lock itself.
I have dropped a line to the developer of NeatMouse to explain what I am trying to do and asked him if it would be possible to incorporate a keyboard controlled lock into their program. I await a reply.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version