ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Improve precision of Drag & Drop

<< < (2/3) > >>

pilgrim:
Untested: Have you tried pressing the <Esc> key?
-Ath (December 29, 2012, 01:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
I tried it yesterday on Windows 7 and it never worked, I just tried it on XP and it did.

pilgrim:
After experimenting again on Windows 7 I have learned the following:

1. Getting a lock on something does not always work at the first or even the second attempt. (Worse on Windows 7.)
2. Pressing Esc does work on both OS' but if the object/window has been moved while the lock was 'on' pressing Esc returns it to its original position.

The only solution I have come up with so far is after engaging the lock to push the mouse up against something so that when I click on it after I have finished it does not move.
Not very elegant but unless I can come up with an alternative it will have to do.

skwire:
When I put pressure on the mouse to click it I tend to involuntarily move it at the same time-pilgrim-online (December 29, 2012, 06:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Have you considered switching to a trackball-based pointing device?

Stoic Joker:
Unfortunately I'm not intimately familiar with these features as I've never actually used them. I just happened to know about them as they periodically come up when troubleshooting client issues. Several of the ease of access features can be enabled with a hotkey. So somebody pauses while typing and inadvertently holds the right magic button down to long, the feature gets enabled, and the fun ensues.

The Trackball does sound like a good option to me too.

TaoPhoenix:
Random comment to say I don't like trackballs. : )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version