ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

WinPatrol 29.1 released today

<< < (2/2)

cyberdiva:
Seems top secret:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28854315-Free-Paid-WinPatrol-2013-v29.1-released
-MilesAhead (December 03, 2013, 02:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
But this just repeats what was in the announcement on the WinPatrol website.  It doesn't really say what sorts of information "Artificial Intelligence Security" will deal with or what it will do.  I found myself wondering whether it might possibly interfere with the real-time monitoring of programs like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro.  Sorry, but I'm not happy installing mystery programs, even one from as respected a source as Bill P.

MilesAhead:
I expect you'll be able to turn it off.  Like the "allow PLUS data collection" option.  If not I guess you just need to save the old installer.  :)

edit: so far I don't notice anything different.

cyberdiva:
Well, until I can see a reason for installing 29.1, I think I'll stick with 29.0, which is what I have on my computers now.  If it ain't broke....

MilesAhead:
Well, until I can see a reason for installing 29.1, I think I'll stick with 29.0, which is what I have on my computers now.  If it ain't broke....
-cyberdiva (December 03, 2013, 04:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can't argue with that.  :)  I didn't have WP loaded yet on this new Laptop.  Windows Defender didn't like it.  So it can't be all bad/  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version