ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Rant Thread!

<< < (12/13) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
Blecch!

I was watching a chess lecture this morning, and because of server side tech problems, they kept saying to increase the volume. Then Dad called, and by some unholy devil's-miracle of somethings-pressed while trying to minimize it, I think I maxed out my audio output (after *eight years on this comp*!), and I think I blew out my sound card!

:o  :'(  

It still is "just a sound card" and I have a backup laptop to still watch stuff on, so I didn't just become electronically-deaf, but COME ON! Ridiculously impossible Murphy's Law stuff like that shouldn't happen!

Chances are I'll end up waiting on the sound card until my big test/overhaul this summer with Win10, but still, that's among the more unbelievable pieces of bad luck!

Update:

So you can have your main volume "is what it is", but somehow the separate Wave ended up at zero and you can't see it on the simple master volume interface.

barney:
Speaking of sound ...

Bought a Samsung sound bar w/woofer (separate piece) and attached to a ~55-60 inch LG TV via fiber optic cable.  Worked for a while, nice sound, but started cutting out - run ~twenty (20) minutes, cut off for a couple minutes, repeat cycle.

Then I bought a Samsung sound bar, woofer built in, and attached it to a Samsung 46 inch TV - never worked.  Samsung to Samsung, right?  You would expect compatibility, right?  Apparently not  :-\  :mad:.

Samsung has great video, but audio - in my experience, at least - is less than stellar if not totally non-functional  :P.

Renegade:
Got to Korea. 27 hours by air. Laptop is hosed. Worked at home. Tablet has errors now. Can't install anything now. Google Play Services errors. Smartphone stopped booting. Had to rent a phone. Disaster. I'm a bit pissed off.

barney:
I'm a bit pissed off.
-Renegade (January 24, 2015, 08:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Speaking of which, how's the hand ... that oughta be worth at least a mini-rant.

Renegade:
I'm a bit pissed off.
-Renegade (January 24, 2015, 08:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Speaking of which, how's the hand ... that oughta be worth at least a mini-rant.
-barney (January 25, 2015, 02:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Heh! You remembered! :)

I write messier now than before, which means nearly illegible. :) And I have much less endurance -- e.g. when shaving my thumb tires out and I need to "shake it out" a bit to continue. My first knuckle is still a bit numb. All in all, relatively minor conveniences. About the only real problem is the endurance, which isn't much of an issue right now, but will be when I need to do more manual tasks later on when we move. (Looking forward to getting off the grid there.) I should do the DMSO thing though. I haven't done that yet. What I find bizarre is that I've had much larger cuts with zero problems. I guess I just drew the short straw there and it hit some nerves/tendons/something. I really have nobody to blame but myself -- I smashed the window and I guess I was a bit careless when I pulled and smashed the remaining glass. Not much of a rant. :(

In other news, I had to buy a new laptop today, so I picked up an el cheapo HP laptop. It's capable for what I need. But jeez... 3 devices screwed up on me in how long? (Less than that many days...) What are the bloody odds?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version