ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Rant Thread!

<< < (10/13) > >>

wraith808:
Where are you reading it?  On Tor.com?

TaoPhoenix:
-wraith808 (July 11, 2014, 03:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah.

I have ignored most of the pics, only occasionally nuking a couple that really seemed annoying.

Renegade:
Rant. Computers. PSU died. Subbed in new PSU from scrypt miner. Computer works now. But 1 video card isn't working. Figures.  >:(

wraith808:
--- End quote ---

Yeah.

I have ignored most of the pics, only occasionally nuking a couple that really seemed annoying.

-TaoPhoenix (July 11, 2014, 10:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure... I have adblock plus and ghostery running... and didnt see any of what you were talking about.

TaoPhoenix:
--- End quote ---

Yeah.

-TaoPhoenix (July 11, 2014, 10:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure... I have adblock plus and ghostery running... and didnt see any of what you were talking about.
-wraith808 (July 12, 2014, 02:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Adblock certainly doesn't do anything, and it's fair to say they're same site ads, so arguably among the legit ads possible. My rant was just about them being big pictures which always beat out text. I just put back Ghostery, and it didn't seem to do anything.

Try this page:

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2011/10/star-trek-the-next-generation-qq-whoq

Then see if you see this image in the post:
http://www.tor.com/images/stories/blogs/11_10/st-many-splendors.jpg

If you do, that's my point. If you don't, then we have a new topic because if we're both running Adblock (which one? I'm running edge) and Ghostery and I see it and you don't, that's a technical thing to discuss.
Keith D has written a lot of books, and I'm sure some of them are pretty good. It was just a bit much of selling as I clanged through his entire series. Title dropping in text would have been fine, maybe ten years ago I might have bought a couple of them. It was just the pic thing that annoyed me a little.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version