ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Rant Thread!

<< < (6/13) > >>

Tinman57:
  A while back I ordered a Microwave oven from Amazon.com.  After a week of waiting for it they sent me a notice that is was out of stock, even though they showed it as being in stock at the time.  As a sort of retribution to me, they gave me an automatic promotional certificate for $5 on my next order.
  The other day I made another order through them, but after processing the order the certificate didn't show up on the invoice.  I sent them an email asking why and they replied that I didn't make an order directly from Amazon, or shipped from Amazon!
  WTF???  I ordered on the Amazon website!!!  Just another way they have of screwing you out of every little nickle.  Methinks it's time to stay away from Amazon.  This isn't the first time they've done crap like this to me.

Renegade:
Richard Stallman recommends staying away from Amazon as well. :)

wraith808:
I love amazon :)  Occasional slip-ups... but nothing compared to the convenience or prices.

barney:
I've had nothing but good fortune with Amazon proper.  Can't say that, however, for some of their third party vendors.  And some times ya hafta look pretty close to determine if you are purchasing Amazon direct, even though the payment is to Amazon.  As an aside, I wonder how big a cut Amazon gets from those third party purchases  :-\?

wraith808:
I've had nothing but good fortune with Amazon proper.  Can't say that, however, for some of their third party vendors.  And some times ya hafta look pretty close to determine if you are purchasing Amazon direct, even though the payment is to Amazon.  As an aside, I wonder how big a cut Amazon gets from those third party purchases  :-\?
-barney (January 03, 2013, 06:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

There's a difference in the 3rd parties, also.  Look to see if they are fulfilled by amazon or not.  If they are fulfilled by Amazon, that means that Amazon has the product in hand, in their warehouse, and are fulfilling just as if it was from them.  The 3rd party pays for that privilege (having space in Amazon's warehouse, and they send to Amazon to store the product for sale), but it's even eligible for Prime.  The others... yeah.  They're really their own entity, just advertising on Amazon.  Haven't been burned yet, but I do pay attention to fulfillment rates and reviews on those.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version