ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

New Desktop parts list (RFC)

<< < (5/8) > >>

ewemoa:
The clutter beast appears to be in another universe  :up:

Darwin:
I just upgraded to an Intel 520 series 240GB SSD in my 4.5 year old notebook (trying to squeeze another 9 or 10 months out of it) and I have to agree with skwire: SSD's for everyone  :Thmbsup:

skwire:
I just upgraded to an Intel 520 series 240GB SSD in my 4.5 year old notebook (trying to squeeze another 9 or 10 months out of it) and I have to agree with skwire: SSD's for everyone  :Thmbsup:-Darwin (January 10, 2013, 01:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1 again.  It borders on ridiculous how much snappier that device makes things.

TaoPhoenix:
I forget exactly what it was called, but I think I had my buddy put in a second special purpose data processing chip of some kind especially for media conversion.
-TaoPhoenix (January 08, 2013, 11:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd be very interested in learning more about that. Any possibility of getting additional details? :)
-40hz (January 09, 2013, 08:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not quite so easily - I'm no techie and I'm not going to open the case myself, and 1-chance in 5 I could even be a deluded old git! : )   But if you know of a "hardware listing" program that lists all hardware installed in a machine, I can run that and you guys can poke at the results.  :  )

40hz:
I forget exactly what it was called, but I think I had my buddy put in a second special purpose data processing chip of some kind especially for media conversion.
-TaoPhoenix (January 08, 2013, 11:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd be very interested in learning more about that. Any possibility of getting additional details? :)
-40hz (January 09, 2013, 08:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not quite so easily - I'm no techie and I'm not going to open the case myself, and 1-chance in 5 I could even be a deluded old git! : )   But if you know of a "hardware listing" program that lists all hardware installed in a machine, I can run that and you guys can poke at the results.  :  )
-TaoPhoenix (January 10, 2013, 05:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

LookInMyPC is free, easy to use, and doesn't need an airline pilot's license to figure it out. It can create a comprehensive hardware profile report. It does a lot more too.  It's a nice utility to keep on hand. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version