ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

New Desktop parts list (RFC)

<< < (4/8) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
I forget exactly what it was called, but I think I had my buddy put in a second special purpose data processing chip of some kind especially for media conversion. Top 10 of my hobbies is fiddling with songs - changing speed and tempo and adding echo. Last I recall it wasn't all that expensive, and I think it's faster than just ordinary processing at the time, though of course with Moore's Law and all, 6 years later, maybe it doesn't matter but at the time I noticed an improvement over an older single core comp.

Ath:
a few pics of the final build so here you go:
-skwire (January 08, 2013, 08:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
You did a fine job there, nice and clean :up:

Carol Haynes:
Good job on cabling - you pleased with it now it is done?

skwire:
You did a fine job there, nice and clean :up:-Ath (January 09, 2013, 01:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good job on cabling - you pleased with it now it is done?-Carol Haynes (January 09, 2013, 04:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks.  The cable management grommets in the case made it really easy to achieve a clean look.  And, yes, I'm pleased with it.  Let's just say that when I am king, SSDs for all my people.  Man, what a difference that device makes.

40hz:
I forget exactly what it was called, but I think I had my buddy put in a second special purpose data processing chip of some kind especially for media conversion.
-TaoPhoenix (January 08, 2013, 11:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd be very interested in learning more about that. Any possibility of getting additional details? :)

And an absolutely brilliant build btw! :Thmbsup: Love how clean the internal cabling is.  :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version