ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2013

NANY 2013 Release Find Long Names

(1/6) > >>

limelect:
NANY 2013 Entry Information
Application Name Find Long File Names Version 1.0.0.2 Short Description Will find file names above a certain size Supported OSes All but checked with XP Web Page www.limelect.com  Web Page www.limelect.com/Android  Web Page www.limelect.com/Delphi  Download Link www.limelect.com/Delphi/Programs/FindLongNames.zip System Requirements
* A list of
* nonVersion History
* 1.0.0.2Author http://www.limelect.com/index_files/AboutUs.htm

Description
While backing up files the long file name of a file
made an error. So i decided to write this program ,
to find all long files names.

Features
Find long file names with directory ,name or extension size.

Planned Features
none yet

Screenshots
Screenshots of the Application.

Usage
Installation
Just Open the zip file to a directory

Using the Application
Help is included
Uninstallation
Delete the files.

Tips
Enjoy

Known Issues
None Yet

mouser:
Hey this is a really neat idea!

May I offer a really really simple stupid suggestion? Show somewhere near the top of the panel the maximum allowed path size before problems occur in windows?  This might be useful to remind people when they should start getting worried.

TaoPhoenix:
Hey this is a really neat idea!

May I offer a really really simple stupid suggestion? Show somewhere near the top of the panel the maximum allowed path size before problems occur in windows?  This might be useful to remind people when they should start getting worried.
-mouser (December 22, 2012, 08:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Mouser,

What is in fact the Win XP length that "officially" begins to create problems moving? And how is it possible that a too-long file gets created and saved, but then you can't move or delete it? Monster.com has been giving me a bunch of those in my job searches.

IainB:
^^ What @mouser said + 1 from me. Rather neat idea.

I was mulling over this problem (of long file names) the other day, wondering how best to approach a solution. This might be it.

TaoPhoenix:
^^ What @mouser said + 1 from me. Rather neat idea.

I was mulling over this problem (of long file names) the other day, wondering how best to approach a solution. This might be it.
-IainB (December 22, 2012, 08:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, because you want to make a simple archive so you drag and drop your 10 gig folder and go to have lunch, only to come back with a halted process that "file name is too long so I can't move it".   >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version