ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DRR ?? - Like DVR only for FM broadcast radio?

<< < (2/2)

Carol Haynes:
Roberts Record R DAB/FM RDS/SD Digital Portable Radio Recorder
 (see attachment in previous post)
Technical Details

*     Digital/FM Radio
*     Pause Plus' - Allows you to rewind 'live' radio
*     Record to SD card from DAB and FM (SD not included)
*     MP3/WMA/AAC playback from SD card
*     Record Timers
--- End quote ---

Mixed reviews, a quick search on Amazon.com couldn't find it - possibly not available in the USA, (I wonder why).

Doesn't do exactly what you wanted but at least it does record from FM.
-4wd (December 23, 2012, 12:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think the US uses a different format for digital broadcasts so there won't be much crossover of products across the pond.

MilesAhead:
Thank you. :)

xtabber:
I use Total Recorder Pro to do this. It has all the features you are looking for and a lot more -- it outputs many file types on the fly (including MP3, and flac), a scheduler for unattended recording, and an excellent audio editor.

My radio source is a stereo receiver connected to a PC through a sound card. To get high quality sound, I use an M-Audio Transit USB sound adapter, which is no longer made or supported, but you can get a Behringer UCA222 for about $30, which should do just as well.  If you are not concerned about audio quality, you can connect any radio to the line input of your computer sound card.

Tune-In Radio Pro ($0.99) will allow you to record Internet FM stations, as will a number of other Android and iOS apps, but you won't get the quality you get by recording from an FM radio using Total Recorder and a good sound adapter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version