ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Seedling's Software

Hi Everyone / Random MixTape Maker ideas

<< < (6/12) > >>

seedling:
thanks for the reply.

here's a little explanation of how the app works and using keywords.

a list is created

a song is randomly picked from the list

the song is then put through whatever filters the user defines

with that in mind, i'm not really sure how you could put a sliding scale of inclusive vs exclusive keywording limits. outside of maybe allowing x amount of certain keyworded items or something like that.

I may have misunderstood something - but as far as I can see the keyword inclusion element (under Keyword Options) searches only for lyrics tags?
--- End quote ---

there are two keywording options:

1) song keywords: which will check both artist + title (from any tag present) AND filename (in case the song isn't tagged)
2) lyrics keywords: which, if present, will check the lyrics for any keywords defined.

the logic of keywording works like this:

if both song keywords AND lyrics keywords are active then it will check the song keywords first.  if the song is allowed at that point, it will then check the lyrics.  if there are no lyrics tagged, then the song will be allowed.  if there ARE lyrics, AND it meets the lyrics criteria, then it will be allowed. so basically, the lyrics keywording check trumps the song keywording check if disallowed.

i could include the option to have it check in comments as well. i'm not sure if another keyword input field would be required for that, but i could just link it to the song keywords to have it check from that pool of words.

parpfish:
I see so weighting is not possible.

I'm not a programmer - and from your explanation of how the app works it seems my suggestion maybe too much.

The only way I could see to impliment is would be at the "a song is randomly picked from the list" stage, because the skewing / weighting would have to be applied here.

So you skew the random list to which is then say 50% more likely to include keywords with "Love" somewhere in the meta data -- then the rest of the filter are applied.

That would still achieve the weighting. How you do this mathematically/programming-wise I don't know. If I find out I'll let you know.

Anyway --- the other thing I wanted to check was the version:
I'm using 1.06.68

I can't see the Keyword options that you refer to. All I have is:

Use ID Limits/Ignore ID Limits
Use Keywords
Use Keywords Exclusively
Exact Keyword Search

How do these option relate to:

"there are two keywording options:

1) song keywords: which will check both artist + title (from any tag present) AND filename (in case the song isn't tagged)
2) lyrics keywords: which, if present, will check the lyrics for any keywords defined."

Sorry if I'm being a bit daft here, but I haven't managed to get the keyword search to influence results --- so I'm clearly doing something wrong. MP3's are all ID3 v1 and v2 tagged.

Thanks for your quick reply and for considering the idea.

P.

seedling:

I'm using 1.06.68
--- End quote ---

download the latest version in this thread (at the bottom of the first post) https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=3380.0

in the older version (1.06.68) the keywording would only search for matches in filenames and artist/title tags.  in the newer version i added a separate lyrics keyword check.  it could be that something was broken at the time with that build as well.  try the newer version first, if you still are getting no results let me know.

parpfish:
Thanks for that -- using the new version.
Strange - as I came from the Hydrogen Audio link re. the new WavPack support and downloaded from: https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Seedling/MixTape/index.html
And got the older version!

I have one final question regarding these Keywords:

I created a "must have list" of 120 mins approx (must have list enabled).

Time & Size: Limit play time to 180 mins, Limit Max song duration to 5 mins (everything else clear)

Genres Pop and Classical ticked

Only searching MP3s (the collection is 100% MP3)

Limit artists to 5 songs each

Keywords:

Use Keywords (ticked)
Exact keyword search (ticked)
Use ID Limits (ticked)

[everything else unticked]

Song Keywords:

1st test: cowboy junkies
2nd test: cowboy junkies,sweet jane
3rd test: cowboy junkies,sweet jane,ramones

I have only one Cowboy Junkies song and it's called "Sweet Jane" - Genre = Pop, it's less than 5 mins long - yet it's not getting picked up. Ran the other tests, and likewise for the Ramones, though again they fulfil all the criteria and none of their songs are in the must have list.

Can you help me here, it seems like I'm not getting something. It's weird for me because I often use pretty complex audio software and yet this simple looking application is defeating me.

Thanks again for replying so promptly. Your help is much appreciated!

P.

seedling:
i'll be glad to help. :)

it's strange cuz i test this out with my 99.9% mp3 collection and use this thing almost daily. i'll debug it with a similar setup to see if i can find any programmatic misteps in logic ;)

are you using v1.8.28.77?

another thing you do is ditch the complete 'cowboy junkies' (unless you KNOW there's a space in your tag) and just go with 'cowboy'.  what exact search does is search for an exact match to a single word or defined phrase (non-case sensitive).

i'll let you know my results in a bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version