ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Seedling's Software

Hi Everyone / Random MixTape Maker ideas

<< < (5/12) > >>

stan9980:
Fantastic seedling! It works like a charm.  :) Thank you very much  :D

seedling:
you're quite welcome and feel free to share this product with as many friends as you like ;)

oglomov:
this prog is just great. I was looking for something like this for a long time. Great job
There is only one suggestion which I could not find in any playlist generator (including foobar's plugins):
would it be possible to limit the songs included in the playlist to a specified number of times for a specified number of genre/artist/etc?

example:
I would like to create a playlist of 80 minutes for 3 genres etc ect BUT limit to x (for example 1)  songs for each artist. So no more than 1 song from Rolling Stones for example

what do you think?

thanks a lot

mouser:
terrific idea -- i hope seedling will add this.  :up:

parpfish:
Just wanted to say thanks for a very handy piece of software - just started using it and works very nicely.

I have a couple of suggestions:

I may have misunderstood something - but as far as I can see the keyword inclusion element (under Keyword Options) searches only for lyrics tags? If I'm wrong about that please could someone let me know what I'm doing wrong; otherwise I suggest that fields such as Title and Comment be included in the scan. Example -- I would like to include music in a certain key (and for classical the key is outlined in the Title field (for me anyway).

Which brings me on to the perhaps more greedy, though more general request.

My suggestion is this:

I'd like the possibility of weighting (applied to keywords)

So for example -- if the weighting is a value, 1 to 9 (9 being the strongest weighting) and keyword included Lyrics, Title, Comment, Artist etc ... ID3 fields, then I could do the following:

Keyword = "Love" Weighting = 9
Keyword = "Hate" Weighting = 1

Thus skewing the likelihood that a song with Love in the Title will be selected over "Hate"; whilst songs with "Hate" in the meta data are still more likely to be included than songs that only fulfil the base criteria -- such as Genre, Time etc...

Thus weighting does not guarantee inclusion, but influences the probability of inclusion (perhaps the heighest weighting i.e. 9, could guarantee inclusion???  - which is the Keyword version of the Must Have File List - - but I don't think that's a good idea - as conflicts arise: a 60 minute limited playlist with all songs that include "Love" could be a problem).

Also I think if this is implemented (or even understood - if I've made myself clear enough) then I quite like the idea of negative weightings too -- eg, Keyword = "Love" Weighting = -3 would make songs with Love in the Title less likely to appear than those that merely fulfil the base criteria -- such as Genre, Time etc...

Hope this makes sense.

Once again thanks for the excellent program and good luck with future developments.

P.
(http://www.giantpygmy.net)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version