ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Seedling's Software

Hi Everyone / Random MixTape Maker ideas

<< < (2/12) > >>

mouser:
a related idea:

what if an additional tab was "make playlist from file list", and let users drag and drop files.
this is almost identical to the randomize playlist function, and in fact maybe you could use the same exact process:
ie when you select randomize existing playlist, all it does is initialize a list of songs, which users could also create by dragging and dropping files into it.

the purpose of this would be that we could manually select and drag in a ton of files and dirs and have it make a random playlist from that.

seedling:
here's a beta to check out v 1.0.2.23

1.0.2.23 24-Apr-2006
--------------------
+ added ability to further limit song entries by year and genre as
   specified in an ID3 tag [see limitations]

mhb:
Hi seedling,

of course the only limitation of this will be that any mp3's without ID3 info will be left out.
-seedling (April 23, 2006, 04:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks for the enhancement. For me it works out pretty well. Of course you are right about that limitation, but I think people who wanna use this feature have a pretty well organized collection.

Maybe you can adjust the genre feature to let the user make a selection of more than one genre; e.g. choosing "Rock" and "Pop" but leaving out "Country".

Thanks again for your nice work...

Cheers....Marc

SAE140:
moved to a new thread ....

esfeld1:
Seedling
I was in the midst of writing exactly this program, when I found yours ..... great job!.  I just posted what I think is a bug .... drag & drop does not work in many cases (directory to RMTM ...... RMTM to Media Monkey) ...my work-around is to d&d from RMTM to WinAmp and then to Media Monkey .....
Wish List:  How about a drop down box (seeded on directory search) for Artist ..... that way you can insure that even when selecting a certain Genre your sure to include some favorite artists .......
Once again, knowing the task involved...great job

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version