ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Expert PDF 8 Professional

<< < (4/7) > >>

Target:
-the offer has ended.-Curt (December 20, 2012, 07:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

timing is everything...

meh

cmpm:
bummer

Carol Haynes:
Avanquest does keep developing some software they bought - unfortunately it appears that their development cycle is sporadic at best and as far as I can tell seems to involve only updating the version number and distributing it as a paid upgrade. (They may fix a few bugs but you don't see too much in the way of new features). PowerDesk is a case in point - I can't really see many changes since version 6 and here is the latest offering (which I declined, like the last one):

--- End quote ---

Really - adding breadcrumbs and a couple of minor enhancements is a paid upgrade - again!

Darwin:
Note that the update from version 8 to 8.5 of Power Desk Pro is considered a paid upgrade. Major BS as, AFAICR, there were no free incremental updates between versions 8 and 8.5.

Stay away!

Curt:
Note that the update from version 8 to 8.5 of Power Desk Pro is considered a paid upgrade. Major BS as, AFAICR, there were no free incremental updates between versions 8 and 8.5.

Stay away!
-Darwin (December 21, 2012, 09:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

-wow, a post from Darwin!  :-* Indeed only his seventh in almost seven months!
On seasonal holiday leave, Mike?

Regarding Avanquest; I only deal with them if both the price really is a bargain, and it doesn't matter too much if the program ever is updated. Burned fingers...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version